I love a good sporting event as much as the next guy, and much like food, a free game is even better.
Lately, I’ve heard a ton of banter over the Indians attendance woes. Chris Perez called out the fans of Cleveland, and many have been quick to vocalize their opinions. These opinions are usually one of the following:
- The Indians will never win a championship with the Dolans, I’m protesting by not attending
- Chris Perez is right; this is embarrassing to have a first place/good team play in an empty stadium
- The economy sucks and people either have no money or would rather spend it elsewhere
- Everyone is overreacting, attendance will be better in the summer/later in the season
For those of you who relate with number three, I have a great news! For everyone else, I still have good news!
HOW TO GET INDIANS TICKETS FOR FREE
1. TWITTER: There are many people on twitter whom regularly give out Indians tickets. Follow a bunch of Indians fans. Many of these guys are such huge fans, that even if they cannot go they want to make sure their seats are filled.
There are also many athletes, organizations, bloggers, and media that give out tickets.
Chris Perez @ChrisPerez54 –since his comments were made, he declared he would “put his money where his mouth is” and give out three pairs of tickets for every home game. He usually tweets out some strange question for ya’ll to answer after he wakes up.
Others in the Indians organization:
2. BP GAS REWARDS: Either people don’t know about this, or they’re too lazy to do it…because let’s be real, chances are you are buying gas.
Visit a BP station and purchase 10 gallons or more of any grade of BP fuel and you’ll receive a Fill-up Card. Scratch to reveal the code and then enter the code number online. Collect and enter 5 codes to receive a notification and password. Visit the website provided and enter your password for 2 tickets to see the Cleveland Indians play.
Unfortunately, this promotion ends June 5th. But from the experience I’ve had at my local BP, they don’t even ask to see a receipt and give out the cards freely. Proceed accordingly.
Now this is amazing. You can say whatever you want about the organization, but the Indians really knocked it out of the park with this social media concept.
All you have to do is apply online with your game availability and chances are, if you are somewhat active on social media the Indians will invite you to enjoy a game for free in one of their suites. It’s that simple.
I had the pleasure of being in the suite for the Twins game last night, and it was incredible. Not only did I meet some awesome Indians fans, but we witnessed the first Grand Slam of the season, then got to meet Carlos Baerga and Candy Maldonado!
As if that wasn’t enough, we then were informed we could enjoy the Fireworks show from the dugout!
I’ll be honest, I’ve done some pretty cool stuff before, but to get to walk on the field, hang out in the dugout, and enjoy some amazing fireworks…? I felt like a little kid on Christmas morning.
See, the best things in life really can be free 🙂
Huge thanks to Erin Parker and Anne Keegan for all of their hard work to make the Indians Social Suite special. It’s great to see an organization taking social media to the next level! A big shout out to everyone in the suite last night, as well. @VerizonAL @freshbrewedtees @socialdudes @bowersCLE @ClevelandChick @PrincessWikki & more…you guys are fantastic.